Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Celebrating Nanny

Hello everyone and happy Tuesday!  I am shocked that we are nearing the end of August...  seriously, I don't know where the time goes!  But thankfully we can look back and be glad for a wonderful, safe and healthy summer.  We've been truly blessed!  Now with school happenin' a week from today, we'll see what the fall brings!

I've been anxiously awaiting showing you all of the pages I've been working on over the past several weeks.  I enjoyed every minute of putting this album together...  for my grandma, AKA "Nanny."  She has 13 living grandchildren, one deceased, and there are stories and memories from us all.  Wonderful (and comical) memories shared from her 4 daughters, a son-in-law and niece.  Not to mention the 160 photos that were collected and used to make the book all the more special! 

Thank you to all of the family who patiently dug through and scanned in old photos and emailed them to me!  I will never forget the tears that streamed down Nanny's face as she closed the scrapbook.  We hugged so tight.  What a precious moment... what a precious gift.  I'm so glad I got to be a part of making this a special 80th birthday! 

For a preview of the pages, check out the orange clothesline FB page.  I will be featuring the different kits/websites I used in the upcoming weeks right here on my blog, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment