Friday, June 15, 2012

Remington

The days keep on clicking by, but the pain still seems to feel the same.  It's been 2 weeks ago today that we lost Bean dog.  Hard to believe it's been that long.  Seems like just yesterday I got home and saw my husband's car in the driveway, back door open.  The drizzling rain was falling, I was returning with Molly from my son's field trip.  What on earth was he doing home?  What's going on?

I was on the phone with my dad and told him I'd have to call him back.  I hung up and nervously called Eric.  He didn't answer.  Where was he.  What was that blanket in Eric's backseat. Just then he came walking up the back hill, tear filled eyes.  He had done it.  Bean was gone, and buried.  I folded in half.  I couldn't stand up straight. 

"What do you mean?  I wanna see her...  what do you mean?"  I was hysterical. 

What an emotional day.  She's gone. 

A while later I checked my phone to see that my aunt had called and left a message.  My cousin Mike had given the ok for us to take Remington.  "Remi" is their black lab pup (1 1/2 years old) who they won't have the right room for as they move on to their next home.  They had been hesitant in the last few weeks to give her up cause they love her so much.  We understood totally, but said if they were ever willing to we'd gladly take her.  Especially not knowing how much longer Bean would be with us.  Mike didn't even know that Bean was gone when he changed his mind.  It was a total God thing.  Within 24 hours, we had Remi.  And she has helped us cope.  Been a huge blessing with her brown eyes and floppy ears.  She plays with the kids constantly and is so patient.  She follows me everywhere (even into the bathroom) and brings us joy.  The yearning for Bean remains but time will help.  Jack goes to "visit Bean" every day out back where she's buried. 

No comments:

Post a Comment