Sunday, June 5, 2011

Our Barn Quilt!

This right here my friends is called a "barn quilt."  And it truly is an amazing sight!  This is my birthday present from my hubby... isn't it grand!?  A wonderful friend of mine and her sister make these and they are truly an eye-catching-show-stopper.  If you drive by my house, honk!  You can't miss it :)

They are typically hung on barns, as seen below.  When we were in Ohio this past week we spotted this one on our way. 
But mine, I must say, is the coolest :)  The design is a "Hunter's Star."  Can you tell I'm lovin' it!?  Thank you Phyllis and Erk!  Ohh, and you can order one for your barn or garage or any peak you have that one would work at www.gablesendbarnquilts.com. They make them in 2x2, 4x4, 6x6 (which is the size of ours, I guess I should say "ours" cause it's not just mine!) and 8x8.  There are so many patterns and colors you can choose from too!  SWEET!

1 comment:

  1. Love love love the new blog name!! Also love the quilt!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete